The Volunteer Center offers a variety of programs and events year round that are available to any individual, group, or business.
Some are listed below:
- 4All Service Day – The NC Bar Association created a state-wide volunteer effort engaging their attorneys and the staff of Legal Aid in a call-in day. The Volunteer Center works with the NCBA, Greensboro Bar Association, and WFMY to the call center for Greensboro.
- Companies with Heart - The Companies with Heart honor recognizes companies for their exceptional volunteer efforts and other community support activities in Guilford County.
- Corporate Volunteer Council – A coalition of local businesses that have an active employee volunteer program or are interested in starting one. The CVC meets every month for professional development and networking opportunites for the members and to effectively address community needs through collaborative volunteer efforts with the business community.
- Family Volunteer Day - is a day of service designed to demonstrate the power of families who choose to volunteer together to support the communities in which they live and serve.
- The Human Race – A charity walk and run that raises money for hundreds of local nonprofits each year.
- Make A Difference Day - The largest national day of community service. It is celebrated annually on the fourth Saturday in October.
- MLK Day of Service – A national day of service to celebrate Dr. King’s legacy by turning community concerns into citizen action.
- National Youth Service Day – A day of service meant to encourage youth to get involved and volunteer with nonprofits in their community.
- Passport 2 Success – A program in conjunction with WFMY and Joyce Richman & Associates. We bring together professionals in the Human Resource community to serve as volunteers for those in need of finding employment and strengthening their job seeking skills. The participants spend one-on- one time with professionals to cover topics such as resumes, cover letters, interviewing skills, body language, using technology, finances and education.
- Volunteer Clear - A comprehensive background checking service that investigates the identity and the history of volunteers.
- Volunteer of the Week – A program to assist nonprofits in recognizing outstanding volunteers. Local nonprofits working with The Volunteer Center may nominate special volunteers to be Volunteer of the Week.
- Workshops & Consultations – Workshops are offered 10 or more times per year; consultations are on an as-needed basis. Workshops are open to nonprofits and the general public. Topics range from volunteer issues to other needs as they are requested. The Volunteer Center strives to use working professionals to speak to the topic/field so cutting edge examples can be given.
- Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) – The mission of the YVC is to create and increase volunteer opportunities to enrich America’s youth, address community needs and develop a lifetime commitment to service.